Congratulations to the good people of North Minneapolis – after nearly two decades of political struggle, the new Webber Park Library is open! (http://www.hclib.org/about/locations/webber-park) Writing in the Strib, Rick Nelson honors the perseverance of neighbors and advocates – and describes the elegant new library as “a jewel!” (http:www.startribune.com/rick-nelson/10645521/)
– October 25 – Hmong Cultural Center exhibits and tour: (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hmong-101-exhibits-tour-and-presentation-tickets-38512809851?ref=ecal) 5:00 PM
-October 25-28 – Members of friends of the Western Literature Association are meeting in Minneapolis. (http://www.westernlit.org/wla-conference-2017/)
-October 26 – Out of Pocket, a reading that features Juliet Patterson, Rachel Jendrzewjewski and Brianna Johnson and the poems of Otis Powell. Sponsored by Spout Press and East Side Freedom Library.7:00 PM. at ESFL (email@example.com)
-October 27 – Opening Reception, AutumNE, NEMAA member art show. Solar Arts Building. 711 15th Avenue NE. (http://www.nemaa.org/autumNE)
-October 30 – Thousand Star Hotel: Poetry reading with Bao Phi. 7:00 PM, ESFL Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-November 2 – Chris Riemenschneider, Strib music reporter, will celebrate the launch of his book First Avenue: Minnesota’s Mainroom will be joined by Danny Sigelman and Daniel Corrigan, creators of Heyday: 35 Years of Music in Minneapolis. Talk of the Stacks. Free and open. Minneapolis Central Library, 7:00 p.m. (https://www.supporthclib.org/chris-riemenschneider)
-November 3-5 – The 20th annual Art Attack at the Northrup King Building in Northeast Minneapolis. Over 300 visual artists, live music, interactive art experiences, food trucks and free parking. (http://www.northrupkingbuilding.com/artattack)
– November 6 – Minnesota Archives Symposium. (https://tcartmn.org/minnesota-archives-symposium/) Minneapolis Central Library.
– November 6 – Reclaiming lives: Pursuing justice for six innocent men. A book talk with Joan Treppa. ESFL. 7:00 PM. (email@example.com)
– November 9 – Women from the Center Writers: Poetry in action with special guest Taiyon J. Coleman, Anh-Hoa Thi Nguyen and Jna Shelomith. ESFL 7:00 PM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– December 4 – James Wright: A Life in Poetry is a sweeping biography by Jonathan Blunk, based on extensive research by Blunk in the James Wright Papers, held at the U of M Libraries’ Upper Midwest Literary Archives. (https://www.lib.umn.edu/mss) Note: Reading and discussion of James Wright on Monday,7:00 PM at the Elmer L. Andersen Library. (https://www.continuum.umn.edu/event/james-wright-life-poetry/)
-December 4 –The Axe Lectures, a book release event. Readings by Brianna Johnson, Katie Ka Vang, and Shanai Matteson. Sponsored by Spout Press and Moon Palace Books. 7:00 PM, Moon Palace Books, 3023 Minnehaha Ave, Mpls. Free and open. (https://www.facebook.com/MoonPalaceBooks/)
You must be logged in to post a comment.