* Fundraiser for NE Seniors: Past posts have described one of the true treasures of Northeast Minneapolis, Northeast Senior Services. The organization is headquartered the United Methodist Church, 2510 Cleveland at Lowry
Northeast Seniors programs, ranging from foot clinics to diabetic friendly appetizers, events calendars and housing tours are rich, timely, informative and fun. Staff, along with members and volunteers are gearing up now for the Fall Fundraising Dinner scheduled for Friday, October 7, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Faith United Methodist Church, 2708 33rd Avenue NE in St. Anthony.
The suggested donation for the Fundraiser is just $15/adult which covers the cost of hot beef sandwiches, dessert, beverage, entertainment and a basket raffle. A vegetarian option is available.
Contact NE Seniors at 612 781 5096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCMC Clinic at St. Anthony Village: Windom Park residents and other Northeast residents have been watching with interest developments at the St. Anthony Village shopping center. Signs now answer that question as to what’s coming in – the St. Anthony Village, part of the Hennepin County Medical Center network, will open sometime in October at 2714 Highway 88, St Anthony. It is in the space formerly occupied by the drugstore and a tax service.
- Among the features of the new clinic HCMC cites these:
- Evening hours two nights a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Prenatal care and family planning.
- Care for all ages, including older adults.
- Same day/next day appointments.
- Onsite pharmacy.
To follow developments at the new clinic visit the HCMC site.